Monday, August 4, 2014

A Thank-You to my Patrons

As a result of Saturday's Experiment, I now have two more patrons and proof that people will support me if I make promises of evil ideas.


Also as a result of these new patrons, I have hit two milestones in my Patreon campaign:  the removal of ads from my blog and a promise of an audio blogcast once a month.

Now, regarding the ads:  You will notice that the big Amazon ad up top and the flashy Luckygunner ad to the side have disappeared.  However, I have kept links to them, because I know for a fact that there are people who will want to do some shopping through one of my links and if I take them down completely these people won't be able to use them.  I've made those links as small as possible, and they're under my PayPal link off to the side. Hopefully this will not bother people; in my mind these are links, not advertisements, as they don't take up much space and don't blink or otherwise distract.

Regarding the Evyl Robot ad:  That links to a friend's business and it's there because I want to support him. I'm not getting paid to put it there.

Regarding the blogcast:  Yeah, I have no idea what to do for that. Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.